Hot Spot: Latin America
Greenwood Press, 2008 - 270 síđur
From border crime in Mexico to Chavez's revolution in Venezuela, this volume presents up-to-the-minute coverage of the key conflicts, corruption, and revolutionary movements simmering or raging in every region of Latin America. In-depth, comprehensive chapters explore drug wars, imigration issues, terrorism, youth gangs, government corruption, controversy over oil, and political instability. This is a must-have source for current coverage of trouble spots in Latin America, their origins, and subsequent development.
Over 30 security-based hot spots are analyzed within these geographical regions. They vary in severity, background, and degree of threat to the United States, the nation itself, or its regional neighbors. Hot spots covered include:
Niđurstöđur 1 - 3 af 55
In this form of risk assessment , there is also a 99 percent likelihood that a terrorist attack will not happen . With only a 1 percent chance of a threat to U.S. security - regardless of supporting evidence - the United States should ...
In a Washington Post / ABC News poll in the same month , only 34 percent of respondents supported the way Bush was handling immigration policy . More than three - quarters of Americans say they favor restricting immigration into the ...
The cost of dealing with violence amounted to almost 12 percent of GDP , more than was spent on health and education combined . According to the United Nations Development Program ( UNDP ) , 43 percent of the population are poor ...
What people are saying - Write a review
The Meaning of Hot Spot Terminology
8 ađrir hlutar ekki sýndir